A New Year's Challenge For 2016

I hope everyone reading this had great Christmas. I'm so thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ for all he's done in my life and in my family's. God is such a good God.

We live in difficult times and people need wisdom. The Bible says that if we want wisdom then we should ask God and he will give it to us. One day recently I was praying and asking God for wisdom. Then it dawned on me that the Bible, the word of God IS wisdom. If we ask him for wisdom, it will not be something that he has not already referred to in his word.

I'm not saying that we should bypass asking God for wisdom. The Bible informs us that we should ask. It's kind of like what Jesus said regarding praying to the Father. He said God knows what we have need of before we even ask him, but God still wants us to come to him and ask. He wants to be involved in our lives.

The Lord will help us to apply his wisdom to our lives and to put it into action. I believe we should read the Bible and in reading it, we will get wisdom. The Holy Spirit will help us to understand it. So, my new year's challenge for 2016 is for Christians to read all of God's word from Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21.

I've read the entire Bible in one year in chronological order a couple of times before. Now I'm looking to do it in 2016. I encourage all Christians to do it. It's not really as difficult as it seems. There are a total of 1,189 chapters in the Bible. If you read as few as three or four chapters per day, everyday then by the end of the year you will succeed. You will be able to say that you've read the whole Bible. It's quite an accomplishment.

If you're a long time believer in Christ, don't you think it's good to have read through the entire word of God at least one time. The Bible says that the word of God will never pass away. We are going to reign with the Lord Jesus. Surely the system of governing with him will be the Bible. Why not get a head start by reading and learning God's word now?! From all I see in these evil days, we don't have much time left. Jesus is coming back soon. We will rule and reign with our Lord. Let's get into the his word.
 

Copyright © Seeking God First Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger