Christian Parents Need To Honor Jesus Christ Not Santa


I often wonder how many people even mention the name of Jesus Christ on Christmas (other than taking His name in vain). Thinking on my past, I know in my own family I've noticed that He is not even hinted at and if I had not spoken of Him nobody else would've. It's as if it's taboo. Why is that? I have members of the family who goes to Church all the time, but they don't mention Him. It seems to be all about the presents, the food & stuffing ourselves.

Why is it taboo to talk about Christmas being about the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. And why is it considered normal to talk about the character of Santa Claus? What has Santa Claus really ever done for you? Why do Christian parents lie to their children about Santa? How many of their children know diddley about our blessed Saviour, who is the most important person ever born. Why is Jesus barely mentioned by them on a holiday that is supposed to celebrate His birth? Why do your children get more excited about a fat man in a red suit than Jesus Christ our creator? Do you Christian parents think God is pleased with this? Do you think He approves of this lying and giving glory to this character? The Bible says that God is a jealous God and will not share His glory with another. God said to raise your children in the knowledge of Him.

I realize in this day in age people don't like this kind of talk, but I tell you God is NOT pleased with this sham. He deserves all of the credit and praise. You should not be lying to your children. Gifts and blessings come from God and God alone. There's nothing wrong with giving gifts, but give the credit and honor to whom it is due, God!

I'm not sorry if I've stepped on a few toes. The truth needs to be said. I have them in my own family. That's just the way it is. Christians need to stop lying and start giving God the praise due Him. Stop living like the world who does not know our God.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. James 1:17,18

I love this chick tract called "Fairy Tales?". It tells a story of how Christian parents lied to their child about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Sure it's fiction, but it could happen. www.chick.com
 

Copyright © Seeking God First Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger